Last modified: April 10, 2020
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you visit the Websites, you provide us with three types of information: (1) personally identifiable information and other information about you that you knowingly choose to disclose, (2) information we collect automatically as you interact with the Websites, and (3) information we collect from other sources.
3. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO INFORM
We collect personal information from you when you submit questions or material to us, register on the Websites, purchase a product from us, email us, enter one of our contests or sweepstakes, or use the Websites, such as setting up your personal profile, making connections, sending messages, performing searches and queries, forming or joining groups, submitting content, participating in discussions and forums, or sending and receiving information through various channels.
We use personal information collected through this site to:
- provide a personalized service,
- conduct market research surveys,
- fulfill product orders,
- run features that incorporate submissions to the Websites,
- provide information and services you request or subscribe to, and
- provide you with information about, and access to, products and services we offer, either ourselves or jointly with or on behalf of other organizations.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations, please check the appropriate box on the registration page or other relevant form or page through which the information is collected.
4. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- monitor the usage of the Websites,
- build up marketing profiles,
- aid strategic development,
- manage our relationship with advertisers and content providers, and
- audit usage of the Websites.
We may share such information, in the aggregate form only, with our affiliates, partners or advertisers, or other third parties.
5. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
Where permitted by law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services and embedded video players), from co-branded partners and sites and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level,
- publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings,
- your interests and purchase behavior, and
- other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
6. USE OF INFORMATION
To “opt-out” of such third-party cookies, go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and select Collective, Quantcast, YuMe, Specific Media and ValueClick Media as your opt out choices.
8. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
MediaHouse is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a MediaHouseWebsite, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
Any personal information you choose to provide to us with your submissions posted to this site may appear on the site, but only to identify you as the author of the submission, unless you expressly authorize us to make further use of the information on the site. If you voluntarily disclose or permit disclosure of personal information, that information can also be collected and used by others. If you submit to the site any comments, photographs, videos, music, text or other content, you grant to MediaHouse the unlimited, perpetual, royalty-free right to use your name, voice, likeness and other personal information in connection with such submission in any media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world.
11. PARTNER SITES / LINKED SITES
12. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable efforts to keep your personally identifiable information secure. Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take care to protect your personally identifiable information, MediaHouse cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We do offer secured-server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to thwart someone from intercepting it and misusing it when collecting credit card information for online purchases. We also store any personal information, including credit card numbers, in a secure area to which the general public does not have access.
13. TRANSFER OF DATA INTERNATIONALLY
MediaHouse is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Websites may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in the Websites or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
14. UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to change any contact or billing information, or if you no longer desire to receive any marketing communications from MediaHouse or our partners, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.